Tuesday, July 23, 2019

Now in Paperback - Doyle Road Bridge


I admit that I freaked out when Create Space and Kindle Direct Publishing merged. I wasn't sure if I could make a real paperback all by myself, after all, formatting was a real issue for printed books.

But after seeing a handful of other writer's printed books. I realized that I was already half-way there because of advice I'd gotten from my friend Andre Jute back when the Indie Publishing market got started. I knew when to flush left the start of a paragraph, to use indents instead of tabs, and to use Style Settings for the document.

I'd already been desktop publishing as a professional since I learned how to use PageMaker in the 1990's. I loved that job, but I left it to work in a Call Center. (Oh the money I made and the money I lost when the Dot Com Bubble burst!) But I digress.

Doyle Road Bridge is the first 10 I. C. Talbot short stories in one volume. There are others, but these are the ones she wrote and I published without much editing. There are more paperbacks now, and I'll showcase each one here in the coming weeks.

This volume contains the following stories: Death of a Family, Mitzi's Exit, Turnabout, Dumped, Beware Marjorie, Character Flaw, The Courtship of Millie, Skin Deep, The Secret of Aleworthy Acres, and Turned Out. Each of these are available individually on the I. C. Talbot Amazon Page.

I miss my mother, especially now that I've been able to get so many of her stories edited and published. She was so happy when we had just a handful published, now that there are more, she'd be tickled pink.

Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment