Friday, March 27, 2015

Where The Harpies Gather



I've been following The Passive Voice since PG set up shop. It is one of my "Go To" sources of information on the State of the Publishing Industry, both trade and indie.

There's a huge scandal in the Erotic Romance community right now, and part of it is taking place on The Passive Voice. And while I've followed it for a few days, I have to admit I'm getting bored with watching the harpies gather. They are like a flock of crazed seagulls, shrieking, dive-bombing, clawing and shredding anything in beak-reach.

However, what I want to talk about isn't this scandal, it's a trend I've seen in a lot of places. You can call it Karma, or gravity, but however you label it: what goes up, must come down.

It happens to bloggers (Dear Author, Smart Bitches), publishers, authors, actors (Bill Cosby), news organizations (Fox News), the auto industry (GM), politicians (Eric Cantor), and most everyone else.

It seems the higher you fly, and the more shit you sling while you are on top, the uglier the events that bring you back down.

And let that be a lesson to all of us.

No comments:

Post a Comment